Trending Today on NBA Twitter:
- Steph Curry (#30, point guard/shooting guard for Golden State Warriors) says he will continue to strive to be one of the greatest basketball players. The three-time NBA champion already has two MVP’s.
- @ScoopB (Brandon Robinson) says that he spoke to “a source” who confirmed Kevin Durant will be a Laker next year, planning ahead similarly to how LeBron planned his move to LA.
- Lots of tweets predicting Kawhi Leonard will move to the Lakers…
- Kevin Love (#0, power forward/center for Cleveland Cavaliers) made his debut as a designer with a Banana Republic collection via @People (People Magazine).
- 76ers rookie Zhaire Smith (19) is expected to return around Christmas after having surgery to repair an acute fracture in his left foot via @PompeyOnSixers (Keith Pompey). Smith was selected with the 16th overall pick by the Phoenix Suns in the 2018 NBA draft but was traded with the Miami Heat’s 2021 first round pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for Mikal Bridges.
- @Enes_Kanter (Enes Kanter #00 center for New York Knicks) wrote an op-ed in @TIME about speaking out against Erdogan with the key message “FREEDOM IS NOT FREE”. Turkey wants to sentence him to four years in prison for Tweets that criticized Erdogan. Since he’s in the United States, Turkey is prosecuting his father as a terrorist via @KenRoth (Kenneth Roth).
- DeMarcus Cousins (#0, power forward for Golden State Warriors) praised Adam Silver, specifically calling him “super dope” for allowing players to wear sneakers with any color combination.
- @ChicagoTribune (Chicago Tribune) tells us that Dwayne Wade (#3, shooting guard for Miami Heat) will return to the Miami Heat.
- @CNN (CNN) wrote that the Milwaukee Police Department has fired an officer for posting racist and derogatory content on social media about the arrest and tasing of Sterling Brown (#23, small forward for Milwaukee Bucks).
Image via NBA.com